Thursday, September 2, 2010

The 1st Grade I Never Knew

Nicole and I gave our testimonies to the senior class today. I'm not sure if it made any impact (well, I know for a fact they enjoyed the hour they didn't have to work), but God knows! They did have a lot of questions, especially about dating. Oh, teenage girls.

We spent the rest of the morning helping out in the 1st grade classroom. I was assigned to one little girl, Audrey, who really struggles with reading. Nicole floated around the room helping the other kids with their questions and their reading material. For those of you who don't know, I only went to first grade for about a month before I moved to second grade (and I have no memory of what I did experience). So it was interesting to see what I missed out on!

We would have talked to the senior girls this afternoon, but they were all way behind on their studies. So, instead, we helped out in the office for the last part of the day.

The silly 1st grade girls.

Nicole read the kids a story once they finished their work.

I think we forgot to tell you that we tried a new and exciting food the other day...ostrich! Neither of us liked it much...

1 comment:

  1. Glad you got to try out first grade!

    Cute pictures! I love the one of the little girl playing with Nicole's hair. Very cute! The silly girls picture is cute too!

    You girls were braver than I...I don't think I would have tried the ostrich.

    ReplyDelete