Saturday, September 4, 2010

Oink, Moo and a Cock-a-Doodle-Doo

Nicole and I started off our day by baking homemade cinammon rolls. The recipe is one that has been passed down through Nicole's family, and we both enjoy it. Usually we let my parents' bread machine make the dough for us, but today we were on our own! We had to make the bread dough, knead it, let it rise, cover it in butter, cinammon and sugar, roll it, slice it, and then coat it with the topping. What hard work! Allen, Gloria and Nerina told us that they were very good, and I don't think they would lie to us...
We spent the rest of the day doing laundry, cleaning out our flat, getting our toilet fixed (it used to run constantly), reading and napping. After dinner, the four of us decided to play a game. Nicole and I brought Snorta with us for Allen and Gloria, so we gave it a go. For those of you who haven't played, it's a blast! I'll give you a hint: you make animal noises. We just could not stop laughing! All in all, we had a fun day :)

Hard at work making cinammon rolls.

The finished product (minus a few taste tests, of course)

Showing off our Snorta animals.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like the 4 of you had a nice, relaxing day. Who cleaned the kitchen? ;)

    I'm glad you all enjoyed the game. We will have to play it when you get back!

    Give everyone our love.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cinnmon rolls! Those look delishoush(sp intended) You 2 won't be the same when you come home. You'll have a whole new view on things. We've enjoyed the stories from Moriah and can't wait to hear from you.
    I know all the prayer groups and my SS class(because Luke reminds us)is praying for your safety, health and ministry. Keep the faith, Chaz

    ReplyDelete